The Square, Alvechurch
THE project involved the extension and restoration of a former mill and conversion of redundant office space on the upper levels.
The building dated back to 1803 and was extended on the ground floor with two ill configured retail units being re-arranged and combined to provide a new modern pharmacy for Lloyds The Chemist, a contempory Café/Brassiere formed out of the old unit and five executive one and two bedroom apartments at first and second floor levels.
Whitehorse Estates led the development providing full development management services including sales and lettings, arranging funding and securing planning and contract procurement.
The construction work was sympathetically considered and retained many of the original mill features.
The programme took five months to complete and has successfully created five unusual individual modern living spaces with a pleased client effectively doubling his rental stream.